I Love this picture! It is a rare sight in our house, Porter actually showing Emery some attention! It is funny though because he is the last one to want anythign to do with her but as soon as a someone else tries to touch he is right their to tell them to don't touch her she is my sister or you better be nice to her she is my sister and I love her! So adorable. I think it is just a preview of what is to come in her future with 3 older brothers!
Me and the boys, we were in Salem last weekend for Darin's cousin's funeral and after the funeral we took the boys bowling. They wanted to stay in their church clothes but I couldn't wait to get out of mine!Well I can officially say that I can survive life without a husband, not that I would ever want to! Darwin went to Arizona for a long weeked two weeks ago, and as hard as it was for me it was really good that he was there for his brother during their time of loss. I never want him to go out of time AGAIN! It was a long weekend. overal it wasn't as bad as I had prepared myself but still no fun! The day he was flying home, I was going to go and pick him up in Bend and go shopping. I desperately wanted to go to Walmart after that weekend and felt like I deserved it. The roads weren't too bad but really I should have just not gone. About 35 minutes outside of town where the roads were the worst, I slipped abit and recovered fine, I keep going and about two minutes later I feel my steering off. I turn off the kids DVD and the air and sure enough I hear thump thump thump, I pull over to find that I have acompletely flat and ruined tire. So now I'm on the side of the road in the snow with four children by myself. Lucky for me we now actually have cell service inbetween Burns and bend thanks to verizon. I get my spare tire out and the jack and say a prayer, I'm like I can do this no problem.. right?? Well our jack is a dinky little one and I'm not as strong as I would like to think I am!! I can't get the jack to do anything!! So I stop and gain my composure and call Devin, Darwin's younger brother. As soon as he answers the phone I start balling, he tells me to calm down and that he will be there as soon as he can. Then I call who else but my mom, crying from the side of the road wishing there was something she could do. I call and leave a message on Darwin's phone telling him I won't be there, which apparently he didn't understand through the tears and he thought I had been in a crash or something much more terrible. Oh well. So Devin comes and rescues me and we get home safe, I take the car to Les Swab to have them fix it and they tell me they can't fix it for three days since they don't have my tire in stock, the tears come again. Then I get home, to find Porter is upstairs witha poopy diaper. He hates having his diaper changed and hasn't quiet caught on that if he became potty trained that would solve it and make mom happy. I run up the stairs to bring him down and in the process of coming down the stairs what is to happen oh but yes I slip and fall. I tired preventing Porter from getting hurt and was successful his only outcome was fear. Me however... not so much. One big bruise on my tookis and a sprained ankle and fractured wrist. I think Darwin will think twice now about leaving town!
As for other news.... Emery can officially roll over now and Porter gets to go to Preschool as soon as he turns three. Since he recieves services his speech therapy he is able to start mid year and finish this year out, then he will go full year next year. Although it will only be for like 2 months I'll take it! Anyways overal we are doing good I just hope that January is not a sign of how the rest of our year will go!

3 comments:
When Vincent was about 2 yrs old, I stumbled on the steps carrying him...
trying to protect him resulted in my spraining both ankles severely, and I never have gotten back full flexibility in one of them. So I can related totally. As for your tears, I think they were justified. Keep hanging in there--life goes on!
I'm so sorry about your trials! and Darn that Walmart--I always spend too much if I get there! Our thoughts are with you!
I'm so sorry, Candice! And, yes, I think Darwin will think twice about leaving you again...ever!! I hope you're managing all right with the broken wrist. That's tough when you have to take care of small ones.
Post a Comment