Friday, January 15, 2010

Johnson Update:
We had a wonderful holiday season although we didn't travel anywhere. The boys had a wonderful Christmas. Denver's favorite gift he got for Christmas was crab, yes crab. That is what he wanted and so I bought some crab and wrapped it for him. He was thrilled, his face was hillarious as he opened the gift! Porter's favorite gift was his dollar store sword. Parker's favorite gift was his Handy Mandy from Grandma. Emery got really great gifts of diapers and wipes! Overall it was a great holiday!
Darwin and I both received new callings last week at Church. We were called to be the primary choristers for the primary. Not too sure how I feel about it, but we will just swing and see how it goes! Poret is going to be re-evaluated by his speech therapists in the up coming weeks and most likely will be no longer working with her!! He has come so very far in his speech and it appears he is no longer in need of that assistance! We have to take Denver into the eye doctor because he failed an eye exam at school. Normally I wouldn't worry too much and think it was probably just a mis read by the parent volunteers who do the testing. However they actually had Porter's eye doctor from the Casey Eye Institute come in and do the exams. He travels to rural areas and does free eye exams...so I guess we will take Denver in and get the full blown eye examine and see what is going on! Parker continues to amaze me with the things he eats, most recently added to the list is dryer sheets and gum wrappers. He will find a pack of gum and unwrap the piece snad leave them on the floor for his brothers to find and he will just eat the wrappers. Such a weird kid! Emery is doing good, she has been sick for the first time, she has afever and a barking cough, poor girl. She is almost three and half months old (wow how time flies!) and she is a whopping 11 pounds. She is precious! I've been good, after having a few post baby health complications I am finally feeling like I'm getting back to normal and feeling good! I'm potty training Porter and Parker, which is not so much fun, Porter has NO desire but Parker does so I started training him and my evil plan is the Porter will see his younger brother doing it and want to do it too. So far it isn't working for either Porter or Parker. Oh well. Darwin is good, he might be traveling to Arizona here in a few days to see his brother. His brother Cody and his wife had ababy boy Tyson on Jan 3, he was 9 weeks early and had holes in his lungs and hearts. He pasted away today and they have no family in the area. It is really sad, but comforting to know that he accomplished his purpose in this life and now he is on to more important work. Anyways, overall we are good. I'm super homesick and hopefully will make it to Colorado for Miranda's graduation in May and hopefully we will make it to the reunion, but not quiet sure on that one yet. It is on Denver and Darwin's birthday and Darwin will be turning 30 and having a midlife crisis, so we will see. Anyways we love you all and miss you!

4 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Hey, we throw really GREAT birthday bashes at family reunions. Don't let that keep you all away, especially when the reunion is so close to you guys this time!
Glad that life is normal at your house for a change. You'll probably learn to love being Primary chorister;it can be a really fun position if you use a little imagination.

Carla and crew said...

Sorry to hear about baby Tyson - I think that would be the hardest test for me! Sounds like your life is on track, tho. Keep up the good work. I'm the primary pianist and I love it!

Karen said...

Midlife crisis at 30??? We gotta talk to that boy!!

April Bishop said...

Hard times for Darwin's brother. I'm so sorry. But about your new callings? I'm our primary chorister and I ADORE it. It's the best calling in the church. If you need ideas, give me a call... I have a ton...
360-872-0774