Thursday, December 03, 2009

Last weekend we went up with our good friends Ryan and Michelle and we cut down Christmas trees! It was great fun and really a perfect day! Denver loves the snow! Porter and Parker not so much! It was lots of fun and now we have the perfect tree!
I made this Thomas the train cake for Darwin's cousin's little boy. I traded her the cake and she cut and colored my hair! I think I made a good trade! Now I'm busy working and stressing over the wedding cake I'm doing on the 12th...little over a week away. It is the largest cake I've ever been asked to make. It will be six teirs and serve 350!!


While we were in Portland for Porter's check ups we and all of Darwin's siblings went to a Winterhawks hockey game. The boys LOVED IT! Denver talks about it all the time and asks if we can go again! We might have to make a tradition out of it being that we will be in Portland every year during hockey season! After the game they let women over 18 shoot for a turkey. Five of us women went and took our shot, I missed but out of the 5 two of us made it! The boys thought it was so cool that mom got to go play on the ice!! Porter's appointments went really really well. He had to be sedated for a thorough CT scan, then we met with all of the doctors. It was a long day for all of us but the results were worth it! His tests and scan came back good, with no excess brain pressure. His soft spots they created are almost completely closed and he is looking really good. They don't seem to think that he will need any additional surgeries!! However they did say that he is and will always suffer of chronic headaches, they say that just comes with removing and reshaping the skull. We will continue to go once a year for his annual check ups but we are relieved and blessed that he is doing so well! We also had the opportunity to see Roberta and meet Jack while we were there! It was great to visit with her and take pictures of Emery and Jack Birthday buddies!

We blessed Emery on the first of November! It was a great day and surprisingly enough she wasn't swimming in her dress as much as we all thought! My mom made it and debated back and forth about what size to do she did a small for 8-10 pound babies. When we got it Darwin kept saying that is huge she will swim in it! My mom and I both said no it will be fine, my babies are like 7lbs when they are born and we usually wait a month or two to bless them so it will be fine. Well Darwin was right it was big! Only because Emery was born early and was so tiny! Oh well!
We stayed here in Burns for Thanksgiving and it was lots of fun! We had our friends over and Darwin's dad and 3 of his siblings. I made the whole meal and man it was yummy! We are staying here for Christmas as well. As much as I want to go to Colorado it is too far in the snow and cost too much for us right now. Denver failed his eye exam at his preschool and being that the doctor who tested him is Porters Doctor from the Casey Eye Institute we are taking his recommendation and taking him in for a formal and thorough eye exam. Emery is about a whooping 8.5 pounds now and still has that newborn look. She is like the size of a normal newborn now!! Porter is trying to become potty trained and I'm annouyed because I thought it would be easier with him since he sees Denver... not so much. Parker has more interest in than Porter does! Darwin is just keeping busy and doing the same old same. Parker just got over being really sick, he was the only one with his symptoms and after taking him in to the doctor we've decided that he got into something and ate it. What it was we may never now but I did find a candle with a huge bite taken out of it so maybe that was it....hmmm.. I don't know that kid eats the strangest things! Anyways hope everyone is doing good! love to you all!



4 comments:

ann and steve said...

The picture of Emery in her blessing dress is much better on the blog than on my cell phone. She is a cutie.

Linda Westover said...

Glad that everything is going so well with all your little ones. You must be doing well, too, if you are
even considering doing that huge wedding cake. Brave girl!

Jessica Waters said...

too cute Emery looks great! Post pictures of the wedding cake I would love to see it!
You better gear up you know I have four daughters right??? And I could see all four of them getting married in the same year!! Keep those cake decorating skills polished! Love you-

Unknown said...

It was great seeing you guys too!