Can you see that these jars are half full of syrup?
I had one whole batch turn out that way.
I used the pressure cooker like I did on all the
other batches, because it's so much faster, but only
this one boiled over.
Any ideas on why?
They weren't filled any fuller than any other batch.
All the jars sealed anyway.

4 comments:
the pressure might have been a little too high for part of the time, causing the syrup to boil out. i've had the same problem before when i let it get too hot.
I have never used a pressure cooker-how much faster is it? I only steam my peaches for 25 minutes.
It boils and cools off faster because you don't have 5 gallons of hot water cooking. I bring fruit to 15 lbs and it's done. And you might be right Rhonda, that my one batch went over 15 lbs. That would explain why it was every jar.
I, too, use a steam canner -- not a water bath. I may have to try a batch of fruit in my new pressure cooker just to see how long it takes for it to cool off.
Post a Comment