Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's been a long time since I've posted, here is a little update on our family. Riley is really enjoying 2nd grade, she loves going to school and has a really cute, single, young (24!) teacher. She's still taking ballet, this will be her 5th year. She's really turning into a sweet little lady, she is always helping out around the house, making beds and cleaning up unasked.





Ryder LOVES Kindergarten. I cried the whole walk home after dropping him off the first day, but of course it really has been great having the afternoon without the kids. He's so ready to start being challenged. It's really cute, after school gets out Riley meets us over where K gets out, and as soon as Ryder sees Riley he runs over to give her a big hug. (((my babies))) He is taking T-ball for the rest of the month and is having lots of fun with it. He has games every Monday and Wednesday evenings. He says when he grows up he wants to be a baseball player.







I signed up to be Riley's room mom, only to have Ryder's kindergarten teacher beg me a few days later to be theirs as well (it's the same teacher Riley had when she was in K... I ended up helping her out a ton). Not too sure how I'm going to manage juggling both classes, but I'm sure it will work out. Then a couple days later I got a call from the PTA and somehow agreed to be the chairperson for Teacher Appreciation Week. Luckily it's not until May, I'll have a budget and a committee, but if anyone has any brilliant ideas, I'd love to hear them! Then next month for Enrichment I'm in charge of our Super Saturday; I had to come up with about 8 projects, ranging from $.25 ea to just under $10... should be interesting!! Luckily I'll have Rhonda's help with some of the projects. Rob has discovered an intense love of fishing and fly fishing. It's been great watching him get so much enjoyment out of this pastime. He's come home with quite a few whoppers, and the kids enjoy attempting their hand at it as well.

Love,
The Mathis Family

3 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

Your kids are so adorable!

Carla and crew said...

cute kids! don't stress over the room mom thing--you will be a natural. My biggest problem is getting out of the PTA! My kids are out of the school, but I'm still here so they think I can do everything still!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

LOVE the pictures!! I have a bunch of affordable project too if you need more ideas!