Monday, August 24, 2009

I decided it was time for the annual post of my oh so exciting life :)

Clayton and I have had a busy summer, starting out with us going as a Ma & Pa on our stake pioneer trek. It was awesome, rainy, and so inspiring. We definitely left with a new determination to stand a little taller, and be a little better. The week following the trek, I was "promoted" from being 1st counselor in the YW to becoming the president. So far it has been great, and I am so blessed and happy to be in this calling. Two weeks later, I got to go to Girls' Camp, and our stake was lucky enough to go to the Heber Valley Campground where we had our Macbeth reunion last year. It is such a beautiful place, and we all had a great time. I got to go on the overnight hike with the 4th years, and camped under the stars in a beautiful little valley near some beaver ponds.

We had a close encounter with a forest fire a few weeks ago. Our cattle spend the summer in Settlement Canyon, which is at the south end of Tooele. The canyon caught fire after a lightning strike, and 150 acres were burned. Luckily none of the cattle were caught in the fire. It was pretty scary.

Other than that, life is pretty uneventful. Our summer has been filled with work, gardening, attending 3 rodeos, chatting on Facebook, playing frisbee with the dogs, hiking, and going to the drive-in movie theater. Good times were had by all :)

4 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

AND I got a super-cute short haircut :)

Unknown said...

Send me a picture! Miss your guts Poopie.

Eric Westover said...

Dear Ruth, thank you for the update. If I could, I would become your fan on Facebook. For now, I guess we'll just be friends.
Much love,
Eric

Karen said...

You will make a wonderful YW's Pres. Anybody that survives Trek will!! Not really, but close :) Keep up all your good work!