Wednesday, July 08, 2009

On Monday we went out to a place called Warm Springs Resevoir, just outside of town. I convinced Darwin to get a fishing license and he ended up having tons of fun and we ate good the next night!!
The boys and I had fun sitting on the bank of the river, playing in all the dirt and rocks and watching all the fish being caught! It was great fun!


Why these pictures are bigger, I don't know but the boys new favorite thing to do is shuck corn. They LOVE it which is fine by me cause I hate doing it! It took them about an hour to get through 12 ears!

A family picture from the fourth of July. We went out to Darwin's grandparents house and they had a Huge bonfire out on the banks of their resevior and did fireworks. The fire was about 30 ft. tall when it was burning the hottest, I was worried about them starting a forest fire, but it smoldered pretty quickly. Fireworks were fun, Darwin's Aunt kept trying to give the boys sparklers which I wouldn't allow being the mean mom that I am. Then of course someone gave them each one, when mom wasn't looking and as soon as they lite them they were on the ground burning and my kids were screaming! That's right they knew mom wouldn't allow it! Actually I think they were just terrified and I'm okay with that! All in all it was a great weekend!



2 comments:

Linda Westover said...

So what kind of fish did you catch? They look great!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

trout and bass it was tasty!