Wednesday, April 01, 2009





We have a little duck family starting right next to our front porch--a mother duck decided to lay two eggs right next to the porch foundation, under our thorny bushes. She and sometimes the daddy duck have been quite attentive to the eggs--we are anxious to see if any ducklings arrive--we have had snow twice since we discovered the mom and her eggs and she isn't always sitting on them, so hopefully they will hatch! We'll keep you posted!
I couldn't help myself--I had to make an April Fool's Dinner again. Family Fun has great ideas so I made their fish sticks--yes, my teenage daughters like fish sticks! These are sugar wafers covered with peanut butter and rolled in crushed corn flakes. We also had ice cream mashed potatoes with carmel gravy and jello in a glass with straws.

2 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Carla. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

How clever!! It's hard to get excited about those fun projects when there aren't very many kids around your house. Andrew is off at track all the time and Tate just wouldn't appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you.