Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello Everyone!
    I wanted to first thank you all for your support and love! What an amazingly wonderful family I am so privileged to have married into. I love you all!
   Next, an update on the girls. I came home today, but they wrote orders that I can come do practice feedings with the girls twice per day. So I headed back this afternoon. I started with Lillian who amazingly took to nursing quite quickly! Not enough to qualify as food, but she did great. Truth be told, she had to since she was a naughty girl and pulled out her NG tube (for feedings) right before. She is also under the billy lights and gets to wear a really cool little pair of baby sunglasses. Grace is not under the lights yet, but we wouldn't be surprised if she has to by tomorrow. She does get to stay next to Lillian though, just all bundles up under her blankets instead of almost naked like her sister. 
   Alexis and Spencer are still adjusting to mom being gone for almost a week, but I think all things considered, they have been remarkable. We appreciate mom, dad and Brenda for their help this past weekend.  
   Again, we love you all and hope you are all doing well also! (Pictures to come, but I don't want to have to go up the stairs then back down again....so you'll have to wait!)   

3 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Alexis and Spencer were great for us this weekend! Be sure to let them fetch and carry for you.
We're pleased that the girls are doing so well that they are out of the NICU. Bob calls their new location the LICU -- pronounced lick you -- for less intensive care.
Please keep posting so I won't feel quite so out of the loop while I'm in Seattle and Portland.
You're an awesome mom, and are greatly loved!

ann and steve said...

We are so glad you are doing well and the babies are doing well. We hope the babies will be home soon. We wish you the very best.
Love to you all. Ann, Steve and family

Brenda Sue said...

Any time you need my help with the kids you just let me know! They were both VERY good!! I sure love you and are so glad that you married my brother! I told Eric on Friday that Lillian would be your trouble maker of the two and so far I've been right! Silly girl!!