Tuesday, March 31, 2009













This month has been busy! Mainly full of Birthdays! My Birthday was the first, not a great day. Porter had a really bad stomach bug that lasted for about a week and it made its way around the family. But Porter had it the owrst and he actually ended up loosing 6 pounds!! Parker celebrated his first Birthday, and was not a fan. He hated his cake and cried almost the whole time! I weened him the next day and he has not enjoyed being a big kid and having to eat solid food. It is actually quite funny to watch him act as if we are torturing him by giving him solid food and cows milk! Porter had a great second Birthday. He refused to have just a piece of cake...he wanted the whole thing. So we let him and he actually did pretty good! Over all, it was great and I'm glad it is over. On Thursday Darwin and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary and I'm so excited! We are ditching the kids for the first time EVER and going to Boise for the night, we plan on going to the temple a few times and doing whatever we want because we have NO kids with us!!! YAY!!! Our friends started a internet business, selling diapers and wipes on line and Parker is one of the little baby mascots! If you want to check it out it is http://www.littlenappies.com/ he is on the clean baby tab and the potty training tab with more to come! For any of you moms it is a cool site that you can sign up your kids and your payment info and they will automatically send you diapers and wipes each month so you never run out! Darwin was released from Elders Quorum president and is now just awaiting a new calling. I was called to the nursery...not fair and the enrichment board and I'm still a ward missionary...as if I don't have enough to do already. Also, it has been discovered that any and all forms of Birth control apparently don't work for me...That is right baby number four to come around Oct. 31. I'm not pleased although Darwin is thrilled. Oh well apparently Heavenly Father thinks I can handle it...It would be nice though if he let some one else have a try at it every now and then. Oh well maybe it'll be a girl at least. Other than that we are good. Love to you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow woman - have you tried an IUD? Too late now, but a thought for the future ;-) At least we can commiserate together being preggers through the summer! Ooh, and both of us pregnant with our 4th!

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I won't do an IUD. The things I've researched about it are very unsettling and I'm not comfortable with the idea, so I guess I'll just have to trust the Lord and hope for the best!

Brenda Sue said...

Well congratulations on the baby! And on all your birthdays! We sure love you!

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

Wow. You poor thing! I sure am glad you're getting away without the kids before the next one comes along!

David & Brenda said...

I have learned through my own experiences that God ALWAYS knows best. He gave us healthy babies when He knew another child with muscular atrophy was more than we could bear at the time and He gave us children with special needs when He knew we could handle it and grow from it. And...out of 7 children, our only 2 girls were born close together and survived. After Michael died, I didn't even feel I could conceive again and yet Benjamin was already on his way because God KNEW we needed him (We call Benjamin 'the healer'). All will be well, Candace. Just squeeze Heavenly Father's hand a little tighter and He will help you get through this...and some day you will understand. I love you for who you are, Candace. You're a great woman and obviously have a very special mission.

Karen said...

A "friend" asked me after Bonnie was born if we'd figured out how to plan our children better and with a perfectly straight face, I told her, "Absolutely!! Al's sleeping in the basement now!" She had NO response to that and walked away. We laughed about it later when she realized I was teasing her. Just make sure Darwin helps you find a little piece of time for you alone! It will help keep you sane! xoxo