7 years ago
Sunday, March 08, 2009
I thought I'd Google myself the other day (bored, nothing to do...) and to my surprise I was listed under a USU folklore collection for a paper I wrote in 1975 about the living legend of John Macbeth!! I was surprised and then I remembered vaguely a class I took at BYU. Anyway, I e-mailed the guy in Logan--oh, that is where Erin has decided to attend college in the fall--and he sent me a copy of the paper! What a hoot to see a typewriter written paper! Of course, there is the Mrs Schmurslicher's cow story and the Pear-handled knife story, but also the one about the rafters in the old church and one I called "the old WOP" and one about Dad putting his hard hat over a giant tarantella in Death Valley. It was a great trip down memory lane for me! Let me know if anyone would like a copy of this document (I guess I can call it that because I found it on the Internet!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm not familiar with the "pear-handled" knife story, but I've heard one about a pearl-handled knife.;) I think Erin has made a wise decision about going to Utah State. It's a great place.
Eric-thanks for catching my msitake--it makes me feel young again because my friend Karen and I were always trying to spot each other's mistakes!!!
Why don't you post them on the blog?
Carla- you should send that over to my mom. She could put in the book for grandma & grandpa. Congrats to Erin. I can't believe she is old enough to be going to college! Now that makes me feel old. . .
Utah State is a good school! According to Eric, Rhonda, and Ruth who all graduated form there! It's even close to home! I agree with Jessica on feeling old...
Post a Comment