Saturday, March 28, 2009



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD...GRANDPA...
GREAT GRANDPA JOHN!!!


Ninety years ago today, as you all know and remember every year, John Gordon Witthouse Macbeth was born. We had a lovely time taking Mom (Grandma) to lunch at the Old Country Buffet. (Her pick.) Laura and Richard and their kids, April and the girls, me and Al and Karrie and Tate enjoyed the chance to go out in the hard rain to celebrate. I think she was very surprised to see all of us and I think she was absoluthear that in love with the books. (Again, MANY, MANY thank you's to Ann.) I think she would have sat right there in the restaurant and read every page, had we not made her bring them home to read. Let me just say having read many of the entries, that she will treasure this for weeks and years to come. I think it's a huge hit. I also told her that I had heard her say for the last time this morning, "I didn't think anyone remembered." This is tangible proof to her that we all do remember and always will.

7 comments:

ann and steve said...

I am pleased Grandma's happy with the books. Huge thank you to everyone for your pictures and stories. I had a wonderful time putting the books together. I enjoyed everyone,s stories and enjoyed seeing pictures I had never seen before.
We had a huge snow strom this week. Early release from school on Thursday. Many business including Sutherlands closed early. No school on Friday. A nice little holiday.
We love you all. Ann and Steve

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

I think we need to make sure that these come to the next reunion so we can all get a chance to look at them! Glad she enjoyed them! Thanks again mom!

Brenda Sue said...

I agree with Candace! I'd love to be able to sit down and look through them and see what everyone remembers about Grandpa and Grandma.. Thanks Aunt Ann for doing that!

Karen said...

Is it possible for me to take digital photos of each page or scan them and make each letter readable?

Unknown said...

Hooray for Ann! I think we need to make a special trip up to Bothell so we can see it!

April Bishop said...

The books are amazing! It was great to be able to flip through them. Aunt Ann is a really talented scrapbooker. They look great!

Brenda Sue said...

Sure it's possible Aunt Karen, but do you really wanna go through the trouble of doing that? It looks like it would be quite a project to take on... Technically all you'd have to do is scan each page as an image..