Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dear Family,
I finished the book on Monday. Thank-you, all for sending in your stories and pictures. Every grandchild, sibling and spouse sent a story and a few great grandchildren sent pictures as well. There are two binders one 3 1/2 inches wide containing 72 pages. The other binder is 2 1/2 inches wide containing 56 pages.
I enjoyed every moment working on this project. Each of our memories were different yet similar in that the house and shop in Helena played an important part in our lives. We shared what a great example of love Mom and Dad have for their family and for each other. We truly have a great legacy with this Macbeth Clan. Thank you for your support and allowing me to do this project. Karrie will be coming to Colorado this weekend to visit Laura. So she will hand deliver the books to Karen.
We are having beautiful weather right now. Yesterday was 68 degrees. We need snow everything is so dry. Yet I am enjoying the mild weather. Back in Maine they have so much snow, there is no place to put it. My brother has 10 feet of snow plied along side his driveway.
My mother made it to 92 yesterday. After we said prayers she made the comment "I may not make it to 93 so I guess I better enjoy this day while I can." Now, with each Holiday and birthday she says the same thing, that she won't be here for the next one. She received a couple of checks in the mail for her birthday from family back in Maine and she insisted I go to the bank yesterday to cash them because she might not be here much longer. With her everything has to be done yesterday. I do love her dearly and I am very grateful she is here with us.
Now on to my next project. I have been asked to paint the Bat Mobile for Miranda's prom. The theme for Prom is Gotham Nights. After prom there will be activities all dealing with Batman. So I am painting a 5 foot Bat Mobile. I hope I am up to the job.
Thanks again,
Ann

4 comments:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

The bat mobile huh? You left that out when I talked to you last! That is awesome! Love you and thanks for all your work and supplies that went into the great gift for grandma!

David & Brenda said...

I have thanked Ann for all her work via e-mail but want to make a public statement of gratitude. I know that what she has accomplished out of love for mom and dad (and all of us) required a lot of effort, creativity, and time. Thank you, Ann, for your kind and loving gift. We all love you!

Karen said...

I agree, Brenda. It's a project that I would have never even thought of, having missed the journal/scrapbooking gene. So thank you, Ann. She will love this and will spend many happy hours reviewing our love for her and dad. I will make sure we get lots of pictures of her receiving this gift. xoxo

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

We all appreciate your efforts in heading up the project, including all the reminders for us to each get our stuff to you! With all the work you put into it, I'm sorry that I personally didn't get you things immediately to make the project a little easier. Thanks so much!