Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas to all. Hope you are planning for a wonderful new year. I thought I'd pass along two things: Today is Uncle Jay's birthday. He's turning 85 and Aunt Elsie says he's doing pretty well. Second: They called to tell us there will be a memorial service for Aunt Mabel on Jan. 17th in Costa Mesa, California. I personally would like to go, along with anyone else who's interested, to represent this part of the family. I'd even be willing to check on Disneyland for you. I'd especially appreciate any donations you'd like to make so I can go :) I would be willing to leave the snow, ice, and cold for sunny, southern CA...on your behalf, of course. Grandma, however, has not jumped at the chance to go. (Surprise!) I'm teasing, in case any one doesn't get it. Karen

3 comments:

Carla and crew said...

I definately think one of us should go--maybe you and Laura could talk Mom into going with you. I'll make a donation-just let me know. Why the great delay for the service?

Brenda Sue said...

Ok, I'm out of the loop, when did she die??

Linda Westover said...

I'd love to go if $$ wasn't quite so tight. But I can swing a donation, if that will help.