Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just for fun for us menu planners, tell us
what your favorite Thanksgiving food is.
Or, what was your most memorable
Thanksgiving food??
Ian was loving dessert in this picture
and I can't remember why we took the
other food picture, but I'm sure my kids know.
(They are both unrelated to Thanksgiving.)

I have to have cranberries and yams in some form
for it to be a happy Thanksgiving.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Turkey. That's all I need. Oh, but it's got to have cranberry jelly with it too!

Eric Westover said...

I didn't dare try stuffing until I was at least 16 and now I LOVE it.

Ruth Sagers said...

Amen to Eric. I thought stuffing was nasty, but I'd never actually tried it. Now I believe that my mom's stuffing is the greatest thing ever. I attempted to make it myself on Sunday and it turned out pretty good, so I was excited. So my mom's stuffing with turkey & cranberry jelly is the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner.

Shelene said...

I am all over the cranberry sauce...but not the expensive kind, the kind that comes out in the shape of the can..YUMMYYYYY!!!!!

Shelene said...

hi ruth!

Ruth Sagers said...

Hello friend! Also, I wanted to say that I still am not mature enough to try yams.

Unknown said...

Yams are my new friend. But it all depends on how you cook them, and with what spices.

Anonymous said...

Sour.Cream.Apple.Pie. 'Nuff said.

And hot yeast rolls.

Brenda Sue said...

Yams and Apples, and I agree with Mona on the sour cream apple pie.. Mom's stuffings pretty good too! The soft stuff..

Ruth Sagers said...

Apparently the Westover family feels that Thanksgiving dinner is pretty important!

April Bishop said...

I'm all about the turkey. Never yams. My children will have to go Aunt Karen's if they ever want to try them...

Eric Westover said...

I was just thinking the same thing, Ruth. I do remember one year that I ate so much I lost it all. Good times

Linda Westover said...

It's a good thing that I like the yam part of "yams and apples", since most of my children scarf up the apples without even trying the yams.
My vote goes for turkey and homemade rolls.

Jessica Waters said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite. . . I starve myself all day in preperation of the big meal!! Turkey, stuffing and gravy are the best. Oh yeah and the rolls and stuffed celery- ok I love it all!