7 years ago
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Why aren't people posting as often as they once did??? Maybe I need to change the look of the bog or something, you know spice it up a bit!! Well as I think most of you know no news is good news from us! This is an occassion where I have no news just an update of the last few weeks!!! YEAH!! Things have been going well. Haha that sounds funny coming from me! Denver LOVES school! He is in the afternoon session though and that is driving me crazy because he wakes up and all I hear is can we go to school now? How about now? The first week of school I was taught a wonderful lesson about what public schools are like and that my little baby is exposed to all sorts of things beyond my control. Denver came home with new vocabulary! He learned the "F" word. Of all words...I talked to the school and they ask if I was sure it was that word and if he could have learned it at home. I was almosted offended! The next day five other moms complained about the language problem. Now he knows that is not ok word! Denver has learned alot these past weeks. He lost on of his best buddies to a horse riding accident and has since then learned all about death. However he is taking it well and using it as a missionary tool in school. When kids ask about Colton(his little friend) he tells them he is up in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus and that we won't see him anymore but he is happy! He also builds "temples" with the blocks and tells everyone that Jesus lives in the temple and that Colton could be there too helping Jesus! I'm so proud of him and glad that we choose to tell him the truth about his friend. Porter is doing good. He doesn't talk still and so he is entering a speech program for toddlers. Hopefully it will help. They just work with him and mainly me to teach me ways to try and get him to talk. We go back to POrtland on Nov. 5 for a series of appointments to evaluate him. He will also meet with a speech therapist there. Holy cow I just realized it was a year ago today that he had his surgery! Oh how a year flies and how we are so very blessed!! Porter has started nursery and he hates it! Hopefully it will grow on him cause mom LOVES it! Parker is 6 months old now and crawls, sits and pulls himself up! Crazy! He hates solid food and refuses to eat it! He is still an excellent little baby and sleeps great! I'm doing good. We all just got over the stomach flu...always so much fun! We just redid our doors and windows to our house too. Darwin is busy as can be. He decided to not run for mayor but he is running for city councilmen. Anyhow, hope all is well with everyone else! Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As I was signing onto the blog, I thought to myself that "no news is good news" from the Johnson house.
It was good to hear that really is true:)
It was nice to hear about your "normal" week! It reminds me of when the girls were little and starting school and all that worldly stuff. Sometimes I am amazed at how much you can do in one day when you have little ones!
Hey, let me know when you need a place to crash, and I'm sure we can work something out. As for speech issues, Isabelle has been in speech therapy for about six months, and it's a great thing. We can talk about that too.
Post a Comment