Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alright here is the skinny...After Denver's appointment yesterday...we still have No answers. However, I feel better about the situation, imagine that! The neurologist took Denver off of the seizure medication because it apparently isn't a pedatric medication. Today he is back to his normal self and his fever is gone. I have to take his temp every two hours and if it is elevated any I give him tylenol or motrin. We go to Bend next thursday night for the sleep deprived EEG which will hopefully give us more answers. We will have to get a hotel because we have to wake him up at 2am and keep him up till his appointment at 11. Then they will sedate him if necessary, and hook him up to a bunch of monitors and watch what happens. The neuorolgist did feel however that this is just a phase, a scary one and that he will out grow it. He does feel however that we will need to medicate him, for a period of time. It's not the seizures are causing brain damage, but more they are worried about other injuries he could get while he is having a seizure. Anyhow, this is my life.
For the rest of us...Porter has a fever now but I think it is from teething. His mouth has faded and is almost completely gone. Parker is still an angelic child with no problem yet...(knock on wood!) I'm.....tired and stressed. Darwin is good and working hard. Oh well this life. Thanks again for all your help and love and support. We love you all!

4 comments:

Karen said...

We're so glad you're home and that's it's not some terrible awful thing. We will keep you in our prayers and on the temple prayer roll. xoxo kp

Linda Westover said...

You are going to be an awsome R.S. president some day...You'll have true compassion because you've experienced so much and know the kind of help that women need in times of stress. In the mean time, we keep all your names on the temple prayer roll here.xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys!!! Hang in there Candace!

Unknown said...

Let me know if you need anything kiddo. I'm just a few hours away.