Thursday, February 14, 2008


Today being Valentine's Day is a pretty special day for Shelene and me. It was 2 years ago today that we really talked for the first time. I was hanging out with some people after an institute class, and Shelene says she heard us talking about Mexican food and came over to join the conversation because she was "looking for a good Mexican restaraunt", but really she was just checking me out. She made a good impression on me (despite me not remembering where she was from) and I made the effort the next week to make sure I sat by her. The rest is history! She is so wonderful and I am so happy to be with her. This is the first picture that we had taken together.
We went to a USU alumni sweethearts dinner last week and the speaker said, "A happy marriage is not so much about romance, as it is the anxious concern for the happiness and well-being of the other." We've tried every once in a while to be romantic, but Shelene has never stopped showing that "anxious concern" for my happiness and well being. I know this has been cheesy, but I want everyone to know how happy I am and how much I love my wife.
In other news, I hate the snow and am tired of the 2 hour commutes to my new job in Salt Lake. I am ready for Spring.

5 comments:

Linda Westover said...

You have no idea how thrilling it is to a parent to hear that their children are truly happy in their marriage! And there's no reason why that happiness can't continue every day of your lives...if you work at it.
Amen to being tired of the snow. You definitely have my sympathy on the long comute on mornings like today. But winter won't last forever, and then we can complain about something different.

Unknown said...

Aw, sweetie! You're the best, and you deserve the best, and you've GOT the best...wife that is :) We sure love you both.

Karen said...

Or...MOVE!!! You know we're dying to have you closer to us!! Just think, when it snows here, the city shuts down. That's lots of fun. Karrie says she loves they way you look alike - I think she means happy. Come on up!! Karen

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Glad you two are enjoying the ride....

April Bishop said...

Yeah, if you moved up here, you could make your own snow-man with a celery nose (don't knock it 'till you try it!) when you couldn't go in to work because two inches of snow had fallen! I'm glad you're happy. It's nice to hear it.