Here are some pictures of my recent trip to Samoa. It was wonderful! Mum and Dad live in a really beautiful place that has a ton of things to do. I was there for 10 days and loved every minute of it. (Well, maybe not the minutes when I found out that Tom, Alix and Brooke had the flu. Or the minutes when I found out Erin had hives. Or the ones where I found out Erin and Alix had eye infections, Alix and ear infection and infection in her chest... Everyone survived - Even Tom!) Some of the minutes that I REALLY enjoyed were sliding down the waterfalls at Papasea Sliding Rock, seeing the blowholes, playing in the surf at the black sand beach with mum, swimming with sea turtles, watching a Fia Fia (tradional dance and music show) snorkeling over huge coral reefs and in general laying on the beach in sun! Mum and Dad took a whole week off and it was so great to see them. I have over 400 pictures and thought maybe you didn't want to see them all... So here are a few of my favorites...

This is one of dad standing next to one of the blow holes on Savaii. It was amazing and sounded like a train was coming out of the ground right at your feet... Sometimes we'd get brave and get really close...
This is one of dad standing next to one of the blow holes on Savaii. It was amazing and sounded like a train was coming out of the ground right at your feet... Sometimes we'd get brave and get really close...
And this is what would happen! This is one of me running away from a blowhole. It is one of my braver, more corageous pictures.
This is me on the black sand beach. Aaaah... If only I were still there! The water in Samoa is really warm and the sand was really fine and really, really deep. (I'm trying to find another place to use the word really, but really, I'm really out of ideas...)

This last one is of me on one of the white sand beaches called Lalumano (or something close to that...) Great relaxing day!
On non-Samoan news - Benjamin and Heather found out they are having a girl! So far for mum and dad that is 7 girls and 1 boy... Not good odds for us to be having a boy. It's a good thing Tom loves having tea-parties with his girls...

4 comments:
Too cool! I'm thinking that a trip to Samoa would be a welcome change compared to our dreary Northwest winters. Not a bad idea! It sound (and looks) like you had a couple of fun minutes, aside from the non-fun :)
Wow, what a fun time for everyone to get sick. Glad you're the strong one. You guys should eat more celery:)
How neat that you could get away to visit your folks. I presume they are doing well. We sure miss them. And what a great learning experience for Tom -- glad to hear that he (and the girls) survived.
Like Bert said, looks exatly where I wish I could be while this winter draaaags on... glad you had a great time - it looks absolutely fabulous!!
Post a Comment