Dear Family,
As Candace said she gave me another lesson on the how to use the Blog. Mainly I couldn't get on the blog. My lack of computer knowledge and skill or forgotten passwords who knows. Anyway I am able to use it now. We had a wonderful Christmas. Candace and Darwin arrived on the 22nd . It was great to see them and the children. Porter looks great and has such a sweet spirit about him. We did the last minute cooking, shopping, wrapping of gifts etc. Christmas day Jessica and Bret and girls arrived about 1:00 pm. They did their gifts at home them traveled to Grandma's house in a snow storm. The next day Steve, Nathaniel, Bret and Darwin went ice fishing. They had a good time caught fish and sat on the ice all day. Not what I call a fun time.
Bret had to leave that night to work the next day. Jessica and the girls stayed til Friday. Saturday the 29th Julia turned 4 she was very excited about her birthday. Miranda turned 16 on the 31st. As Candace said she passed her permit test only to fail the eye test. So off we went to the eye Doctor and sure enough she needs glasses for driving. We went back to the DMV gave them the paper work and she was able to get her permit which states she needs to wear glasses when driving. She should get her glasses on Saturday and then can start driving.
Candace and Darwin left early on the 1st. Nathaniel drove them to the airport. We all went to see a movie eat more food. Tues was my birthday and the end of parties and fancy food and gifts for a while. We have quite the holiday season with all the birthdays and holidays at the end of the year.
Jana turned 13 in October. She is our last teenager. She just started Junior High in the 7th grade. She is still clogging and loving it. She decided to cut her hair this summer. A big decision for her. She cut 18 inches off and donated it to locks of love. It is real cute. She isn't sure about the short hair.
Miranda is a sophomore at Rocky and loves being in High School. She likes the idea of 4 classes a semester. She just finished French and that fills her graduation requirement. She also had a free period this pass semester so she would get home from school a 1:40. This semester she will have 4 classes.
Steve and I are busy with the girls work church and taking care of my Mom. My Mom will be 91 in March. She is very fail and unstable on her feet. She loved having the family home this pass week or so, but tired very easily. She doesn't do well with a lot of noise and confusion.
Which brings me to the family reunion. We are planning on coming. At least Steve and the girls will be there. If I can find someone to stay with my Mom then I will be there. Mom can not be left alone. Right know Jessica and Family, Laura and Nathaniel are planning to come. Candace and Darwin want to come but will have to see where they are with the new baby and Darwin's work. We all want to be there but circumstances will be the deciding factor there.
We love all of you and do miss you. We did see Roberta and her family while we were in Portland for Porter's operation . Got up to Washington and saw Karen and Al, Mom and Laura and Richard. It was great to have Linda and Bob come and visit as well.
Hopefully we will all be at the Family Reunion this summer. Much Love Ann and Steve
7 years ago
2 comments:
yeah mom!!! I'm so proud of you!! We are still recooperating as well! Carpet guy came this morning and now my house that I made sure was clean for our arrival home is REALLY a disater and it is driving me insane!! Oh well, love you
It is nice to hear that all is well with you and your family.. Can Jana and Miranda REALLY be that old?!n I remember when they were just babies!! Man I feel old! My how time flies! If you aren't able to come to the reunion then maybe Jordan and I will just have to come out and visit you. I am glad that you had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family.
We love you all!
Post a Comment