Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Just a quick note from this side of the mountains. We have returned Lauren to the land of cold and snow...yes, Rexburg. She is there for second block after doing an American history tour with BYU-I. We stopped in to spend the night with Aunt Nadine and Uncle Bart. He's doing really well with bone cancer. Seems to have it in remission, he's just a little stiff in his joints. Aunt Nadine was having her knee replaced yesterday (Tues.) and was excited to be able to walk pain free again after her recovery. She and Aunt June have put together quite a history of Grandma Maurer. She agreed to let me make copies when I go back in April to get Lauren. If you are ever in the Rigby neighborhood, stop by and see these really sweet relatives. They are so thrilled to get the attention and I think they really miss seeing this side of the family, not to mention that the cinnamon rolls were fabulous! They asked about everyone and I tried to tell most of the truth :) We stayed with Paul and Diann on the way home and had a fun visit with Mindy and Tony. It was strange (and wonderful) to NOT see the green trucks in the back yard. Way to go Paul!! We took mom out to dinner last night to celebrate 66 years of being married. She went straight to the filet mignon! Smart girl! Love to all. Karen
PS When life with Porter calms down, Candace, we should review the use of the blog with the family. Everybody agree?

3 comments:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Karen, Life is calmer now, he is doing pretty good. Just let me know what you want me to do and I'll get it done! I'm jealous of Lauren I wouldl give anything to be freezing in Rexburg! I miss it SO much! Anyhow, lots of love, Candace

Linda Westover said...

The history of Grandma sounds like a neat thing to have available at the family reunion...and it makes me wonder if we wouldn't be smart to get a history of Mom's life started while she's around to tell us things. Even if we didn't get any further than someone sitting down with her and a tape recorder to answer questions about her life, it would be worth while.
Thanks, by the way, for taking such good care of her!

Brenda Sue said...

I can't believe that you guys came os close to Salt Lake and you didn't come and see me! Just kidding, I know that life is busy crazy for your family! Love you and Miss you!