7 years ago
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Hello to all!! What no new posts in over amonth??? Come on family, this was doing So good what happened? Anyhow Ijust thought I write real quick and fill you in... So maybe some of you have heard, but right now in the city of Burns, we are surrounded by wildfires. We are on high alert for evacuation. We been asked by the government and the church to be ready to leave when and if the word is given. We are packed and ready to go if needs be which we hope doesn't happen! On Monday night they started to evacuate the other side of town, but the people were able to return the next day. There are about seven fires, four large ones surrounding us. The closest one is about 15% contained, five miles to the west of us and has burned 55,000 acres thus far. The sky is full of smoke and ash. It is really scary. We all received calls about as to what the church wants us to do in case of an evacuation. So we at least know what to do and where to go. Anyhow it is crazy! Although it is a scary thought I think even if we do get evacuated, I don't think our house will burn down! Other than that we are doing good. Love to you all. The Johnsons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, I've been thinking about you guys and how you're doing out there in Burns. Our temps in Portland have been super hot, but we've been lucky to not have any fires. Phew! I'm so glad to hear that everything is semi-contained, and that you're all safe and well. Come up to Portland!!
I've been complaining of all the smoke in the air here in Sandy from
the huge fires in Utah that are really quite a wys from us -- so I
can just imagine how TERRIBLE the air must be in Burns. You have my sympathy!
Linda
Post a Comment