Greetings from snowy Sandy!
I know we really need the snow if we are to have water this summer, but I don't understand why it all has to come in such big amounts. Clearing our driveway is good exercise -- at least that's what I keep telling myself -- but it does get rather tiresome. Today, though, I did something different. I went snowshoeing for the very first time in my life. A group of women from the ward walk together three days a week. At the urging of one of the ladies we snowshoed in the park across from our church. We all had such a good time that we will be doing it again on Friday. Then when the roads up some of the canyons are a little safer for travel we plan to do some more out where it is really beautiful. It's a lot more fun than using the walk-aerobics video at the church.
Already I'm getting excited for the family reunion next year! It's so neat to be part of a family who really like each other! Ramona's suggestion that we do another family cookbook is great -- I know many of my "best" recipes come from the younger generation in the family. So send your favorites to Ramona.
Be happy, and remember that you are loved!
Linda
7 years ago
3 comments:
Hey ma, glad it's you with the snow and not me! Actually, we had a whole 1 1/2 inches this morning, which of course put the schools on a 2-hour delay. What a crack-up! Anywho, glad to hear you had fun in the snow with the ladies. Stay warm, and keep up the great work on the exercising! I wish I had the same motivation. Love you all lots.
It's hard to send her recipes because all of my good ones come from HER! Hahahah!! If Only 1 1/2 inches caused everything to be on a two hour delay Berta. It took me FIFTEEN MINUTES to go a BLOCK this morning!! GRRR the snow!
That's neat you're getting out. We were going to go cross-country skiing on our little marriage retreat we went on a couple weeks ago, but it was cold, so we chickened out. You'll have to stop by sometime and see our new bedroom. Love you.
Post a Comment