Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! It is crazy to think that it is 2007 already! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas as well as New Years. Things are good here... I miss my family alot, especially knowing that I'm missing all the holiday fun as well as all the Birthdays we have around this time of year. Oh well, it will be okay! Luckily I was able to go to Boise before Christmas and see Laura who was there for a job interview. Burns is treating us pretty good. Darwin was hired on by the county as the assistant planning director. He is able to do the job as well as the internship. As soon as his internship is done in March he will have his degree!! Something that seemed would never happen! I'm so proud of him and all the hard work he does. He loves his job and is learning alot. He knows more than the actual planning director does becuase unlike the planning director he went to school specifically for this job. Oh well, we know that everything is going to work out okay. We should be moving with in this week into an apartment of our own!! YEAH! Not that I don't appreciate his family letting us live with them, it is just VERY nice to have to your own place. The complex we are moving into will be having an open management position here in the next month or so. I've spoken with the current manager and told her we have 2 and 1/2 years experience managing and she said that we could be her replacement. After talking with the owners they just want some references and then they'll Hire me. It is an answer to our prayers if everything works out because we get a salary as well as a three bedroom apartment for free. Plus it is a job I can easily do with kids! Hopefully everything will continue to work out for our benefit.
Darwin and I were called as ward missionaries in the ward and although I was terrified of the calling it is know something I have learned to love. We go out twice a week, and teach investigators as well as new members.
Denver is getting so big! he was so much fun on Christmas morning. He was amazed at all the lights and presents. Everything was Oh wow and Oh boy! Though he had NO idea what was really going on, he sure had fun!
I'm doing good, adjusting to the small town life is hard but will be easier here when we get in our own place. I'm getting bigger and bigger each day. We haven't decided on names yet for sure but we like Hunter, Porter, Collin and Parker, his middle name will be Ezekeil though we know that much for sure. He is an active little baby and the doctor here seems to think that I'll deliver early again! Yeah! I'm still measuring two weeks larger than I am. He also thinks I shouldn't have another broken tail bone during labor! My fingers are crossed. Anyhow, we wish you all a Happy New Year and wish we could be closer to you all and see you more often. We love you

2 comments:

Linda Westover said...

One would think that all those years in Rexburg would have you already accustomed to life in a small town -- but then I'm sure Rexburg has grown much since we were last there.
Being in a place of your own is a vital step in avoiding insanity! And it sounds like things are really looking up if you can manage the complex too! Congrats!
What is winter weather like in central Oregon?
Happy New Year from all of us!
Linda

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Rexburg is huge compared to Burns!! Rexburg has grown it is up to about 25,000 where as Burns is maybe 5,000. I have to drive two and half hours in either direction to get to the nearest WalMart!! Weather is cold not much snow or rain. Just cold. Anyhow, Happy New Year. Love you all!