Friday, December 08, 2006

Hey there family,
Just a quick update on the happenings of our bunch... Things here in Burns are coming along. Darwin Started his internship on Monday and he is really enjoying it. Currently we are living with Darwin's Dad and are hoping to find a place of our own we can afford VERY SOON!! I'm doing alright, I am having alittle trouble adjusting to the small town. For those of you who don't know, Burns is in eastern Oregon, about six hours from Portland. There are about maybe 5,000 people here and there isn't much here. I have drive two hours in either direction to get to the closest Walmart!! So it is alittle bit hard for me right now. It is hard for me as well knowing that I'm further away from my mom and dad now. But it will all be okay! We know this is where we are suppose to be and we will be blessed becuase of it. We were recently called to be Ward Missionaries. A calling that I'm terrified of but excited for at the same time. There are no elders, sisters or couple missionaries in or around this area, so all missionary work falls on the ward missionaries and members. The Church is really growing out here. They had 18 baptisms in one month just a few months ago!! Denver is doing great! He is so cute!!! He says mama, dada, bottle, ball, oh boy, wow and baby! His favorite thing to do is hug and kiss the baby! He pulls up mom's shirt on her growing belly and blows raspberries to his baby brother! He is so cute! Anyhow, just wanted to say hello. Hope you all are well and that everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. Love to you all. The Johnsons

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey neighbor! I'm so glad that we have more family close by, even if it is a 6 hour drive. We'll definitely have to get together as much as possible. I think you'll really enjoy living in Oregon - we love it! I've never been down in that neck of the woods, so perhaps we'll have to plan a trip. Love you! Roberta