Thursday, September 14, 2006

Let's see if this works...

Hello Family!!!

My reason for posting is during the wedding showers for Kristina and Shelene in August the desire to have a new family cookbook was expressed by several family members, especially now that our family has drastically expanded in size since the last cookbook was created. Jayann and I offered to try to make it happen, and hopefully with your help we will be able to have one ready in time for the next family reunion - at the very latest!! What we want is not just two or three recipes from each family, but as many of your tried-and-true, family favorite, "I'm famous for" recipes that you feel like typing up. Or, if you don't have the patience to type them all, photocopy and send them to me and I'll be happy to do it. I would love to have any cooking/baking tips or secrets as well that help make life in the kitchen easier; i.e., prevent us "inexperienced ones" from pestering our mothers all the time.

As far as the printing goes, I have a source through the company that handled my ward cookbook. I will check with them and find out the requirements/costs associated and will report back.

Please feel free to start gathering your recipes and getting them to Jayann or me. I will continually check in on this forum to send “friendly reminders”. My email address is rrrmathis@yahoo.com, or if you prefer to mail them to me my address is: 760 Village Way N. Sandy, UT 84094. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions/questions/concerns as well.

I’m hoping this cookbook will be a great and treasured resource. I know there are amazing cooks in our family and I look forward to seeing and tasting your contributions! Let’s make it happen!

Love you all,
Ramona

2 comments:

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Great Idea, I'll get you some recipes to you. Plus with my four years of Culnary school I have a bunch of different subsitition charts and lots of tips and things I can get to you too. Let me know if you need any help too! Love you Candace

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

Yee Haw! I'm doing my first ever blog! Of course with Savannah helping me it might be interesting. Thanks Mona...I'll get some recipes gathered. I can't wait for it to come out!

Rhonda