I guess there's hope for us computer "illiterates" afterall! It has taken us in the Westover household a while to get it all figured out, but now that we know (I hope) what we're doing, you can expect to hear from us often. Thanks, Candace, for getting this off the ground!
In between patches of peaches, pears, apples, tomatoes and grape juice, I'm figuring out my new calling in the ward as FamilySearch Indexing coordinator. FSI is an on-line project, putting important records quickly onto the computer so they will be preserved and readily accessible.
Right now the project we're working on is the U.S. 1900 census. It's really easy and fun to do.
Volunteers are always welcome, and someone in your ward should know about it if anyone is interested.
After 19 consecuative years of being ward organist, it seems a little strange to sit with Bob for the whole meeting instead of being up where I can see everyone. But I do not miss having to arrange for a substitute whenever we have a reason to miss our own ward meetings.
I'm all for another Macbeth Family cookbook! Having a section with helpful tips (like putting a little lime juice on your fresh fruit salad to perk up the taste -- Thanks Karen!) would be a nice thing to have. It might seem a little early to start thinking about submitting recipes, but it does take a lot of time to produce a nice cookbook. So my suggestion is to do it now while we're thinking about it.
Linda
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment