Tuesday, August 15, 2017

News from CAM                                                                                                  August 15, 2017
Dear Loved Ones All,
It feels like another week has sped by probably because I think we are busier than ever.  Although there have been some moments that I am clueless what we should be doing at that minute.  Monday we did the normal P-Day activities, laundry, cleaning, and the email.  I was going to make pot roast last week, but since I didn’t, I got busy and put the meat and veggies into the crock pot.  I also washed and cut up the lettuce for a salad.   I made a few more birthday cards and did one for our grandson Eli for his first birthday.  As I was busy doing that Elder Macbeth pulled up and printed a cute photo of Eli for his card, printed a R.S. roll for me to use on Sundays, and wrote his two reports.  We made a Costco run, (gas and groceries and a couple of children’s books).  Then we delivered a card and a book to one of the little kids we see regularly.
I called the Westergards to see how their day was faring since it was transfer day.  They were maxed so I invited them over for dinner and they gratefully accepted.  That meant that we had to go clean off the table that I hadn’t done when we cleaned in the morning and to finish getting supper ready.  The food turned out great and they even brought angel food cake, strawberries, vanilla and tapioca pudding, and whipped cream.  It was delicious.
Tuesday was Eli’s birthday and we thought about trying to go down to Laguna Niguel but we had way too many things that seemed to interfere, mostly my R.S. stuff.  The most wonderful thing that happened that day was Kristina and Bryce’s baby son was born.  His name is Robert Naokichi Ito.  Mother and baby are doing fine.  Now we have two grandsons who have the same birthday, and we got to see pictures of both Baby Robbie and our Birthday Boy Eli.  Happy Day!  We then delivered one of my cards to a sister in our ward.  That evening Elder Macbeth went to the church to fulfill his Exec. Sec. duties, and I stayed home to start the greeting card kits for Enrichment next week.  When Elder Macbeth got home he instructed me on how to fill out orders for the Bishop’s Storehouse.  So, I initiated my first order. 
First thing Wednesday Elder Macbeth went to get a much needed haircut.  I spent that time creating an instruction page for the card kits.  I also called another ward member to fill out an order for food.  At least I was able to do it over the phone.  Sometimes it is necessary to go to their house to make sure that they are getting the right amount.
We got to go to Mary’s Kitchen since it was Wednesday to serve food for the less fortunate.   They are always so happy to see us.  When we were finished serving the food I went to the kitchen and there was nobody working on the dishes yet and they were stacked high on the counters.  I organized the young Elders and Sisters and had them do it “the Macbeth” way as Z calls it.  We had the dishes done in about a half hour, rinsed, washed, dried, and put away.  Elder Macbeth and I left the rest of the cleaning up to the young missionaries and went home so I could bake cookies since I couldn’t do it in the evening because I have presidency meetings now on Wednesdays.
We were just finishing presidency meeting when Elder Macbeth texted that one of our elderly sisters had called and wanted a blessing.  Since I have him drop me off to my meeting, he came and picked me up and we went to Sister Scanlan’s home.  She is one of my favorite people.  She was in pain not only from a back injury, but also she had an abscessed tooth that she had gone to the dentists for that day, but her face was still swollen and hurting.  It was rather late when we got home and all I wanted was some watermelon and cheese slices before scriptures and prayers and bed.  Meals have become somewhat weird to say the least. 
Thursday the Sisters let us know that we were going to have a “bring your own lunch picnic” after district meeting, so I made BLTs, and put grapes and Pringles into a bag along with the sandwiches, and we took it along with the cookies to the church.  We have a sister who can’t have refined sugar or refined grains so I always take her fresh fruit instead of cookies.  It was Elder Christiansen’s first time as the District Leader.  He didn’t pay attention to the time factor so all the other districts in our zone were waiting for us out in the foyer for their cookie.  They were so funny. 
That afternoon we went to see Keith later in the day than we would have liked but the Bishop’s Storehouse didn’t open until 4:00 pm and it was down that way.  The traffic was horrific since it was rush hour.  I think we will make a point to do food/supplies from there on Tuesdays or Saturdays in the morning.  On our way home we also stopped to visit Maria. 
That evening was the Stake R.S. Social.  The theme was “If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”  It was a very relaxing evening.  They had a demonstration on what to make with lemons besides lemonade, a talk on finding joy despite your challenges, and then multiple lemon based desserts.  They also had a tray of fresh veggies, so that is what I ate.
Friday we got to talk with Michelle (our youngest) who called to let us know when they are coming down to California for a visit.  That is something we are looking forward to.  I was fixing crock pot pork chops as we talked on the phone because I had invited my first counselor to dinner so we could work on Enrichment Night and Visiting Teaching routes.  Her husband is away during the week so I thought it a good opportunity to get her input.
We stopped at the Mission Office on our way to Goodwill to find some sweat bottoms for Keith because somehow his were lost in the wash at the care center and he thought it would be nice to have something to wear when he went to dialysis.  Elder Macbeth also clipped his nails when we dropped them off.  On or way back home for lunch we stopped at Ralphs Grocery Store to pick up something for supper.  After lunch we went to the post office to mail some birthday cards from the R.S. presidency.  I think I am going to give that responsibility to one of my counselors since I keep forgetting to put them in the mailbox by the exit that we seldom go out of.  We stopped to see Maria and were almost late to WMCM.  J. called to say she had made the bus connection so she could be home by 5:30 for us to deliver her things from the Bishop’s Storehouse.  Unfortunately we had to dash home to get them.  Rush hour is not a good time to rush anywhere, but we made the delivery and were back home in time to set the table and finish fixing the meal before Jenn arrived.  Whew!  She is the most awesome person ever!  We were busy working on R.S until a little after 10:00 pm. 
Bishop asked me to wash the Sacrament Tablecloths, so Saturday morning I did that.  While they were drying I mended another pair of problem pants and made another order for the Bishop’s Storehouse.  As soon as the tablecloths were dry we went to deliver Baby Waverly’s blessing certificate.  She is such a cute baby.  We stopped at Costco for gas and groceries before heading to a baptism of a young 10 year old that the missionaries in our zone had been teaching.  It was awesome, and the father of the boy bore his testimony.  He was very humble and even though his English was broken, it was powerful and the Spirit was very strong.
We finished out the day with the Westergards walking the grounds of the Crystal Cathedral.  It now belongs to the Catholic Church.  It was beautiful, the statues were awesome, but somehow the spirit was not the same.  Sister Westergard had made an enchilada supper for us so it was a nice relaxing evening to end the week.
Sunday the Bishop canceled Ward Council so he could meet with the Elders Quorum President and the High Priest Group Leader after Bishopric Meeting, so I stayed home and took my time getting ready and organizing more R.S. stuff.  As it turns out Bishop just assumed I would be there to attend the meeting with the others.  Surprise, I was not. 
We had a wonderful sacrament meeting.  My first counselor gave a very inspired talk about friendshipping and fellowshipping, as did the 2nd counselor in the bishopric.  There was a good number of ward members in Gospel Essentials as well as the missionaries and their investigators, and R.S. ran smoothly.  Our new R.S. teacher did an excellent job.  Afterward Elder Macbeth stayed to fulfill his duties and one of my counselors and I started V.T. interviews.  We had time to come home and grab a snack before heading down to Laguna Niguel for dinner and to take Eli his birthday gift.  Becky had made a delicious tamale casserole, and it was so fun to visit with them and the grandkids as well as extended family and friends.  Eli liked his book and his truck when the other kids let him play with it, and the rest liked his card.  Score.  After dinner they took us to see the Fairy Trail.  The fog was already starting to roll in and was getting dark.  The kids were excited to show us the little fairy houses and sites along the trail.  The houses were rocks and little doors outside of trees and stumps.  We only got about half way when we met the creator who had come to collect the little houses, because it was time for the fairies to head back to Ireland, and he was going to ”overnight” the fairies’  stuff to them.  He gave the kids each a little door or one of the mail posts.  They were very excited and I thought it was so nice of him.  Of course they were sad that the fairies were leaving but were thrilled with their gifts.
There you have it…another week.  I hope this will be a very happy productive week and don’t forget to be grateful.
Love, Sister and Elder Macbeth             Go!     Fight!!     WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Smile

No comments: