Tuesday, May 02, 2017

My Address here by the way is:          107 Water Way Apt. 3
                                                               Hampton, VA 23666
 
         Well, on Monday last week we went to Colonial Williamsburg with our investigator, Maria. We did not buy tickets however, because, “Ain't nobody got $50 to spend on a single ticket,” so we just walked around in the rain. There were cool old buildings everywhere and I love most anything that is old and cool. We did get in to see the rebuilt capital building, but only because the guy liked our nametags. 
 
         Also, to follow up with me giving a tie to Elder Quinton L. Cook, I got a letter from him this week! It was only 6 sentences, but it was a really nice thank-you note and he signed it himself, so it was good enough for me. He sent it on fancy monogrammed stationery. 
 
         Then on Tuesday I went on Exchange with Elder Hansen who is pretty sweet. He'll probably invent something super crazy one day. At the end of the day we were riding our bikes back to their apartment and we got lost... just as it started to pour rain for 40 more minutes, and we didn't have our raincoats, so it was a good thing it was night time because we were just in our white shirts and ties and soaked to the bone. 
 
         We taught our investigator, Maria, the law of tithing, which is usually a lesson most people have problems accepting because they don't understand it, but when we invited her to live it after she was baptized she just said, "How? How do I pay tithing?  We told her that we would show her and she was even excited to learn more about it. She should be getting baptized on the 27th of May.
 
         Things are going so great here. We are working hard even though it's seriously hot. Riding our bikes to meetings in suits when it's this hot is the worst thing ever, but it's okay because I love being a missionary.
 
         This Sunday I sat next to a lady in church who was visiting so she could learn more about our church, because she is writing an extensive report on our religion for college.  I sat next to her and answered all her questions about our services and beliefs. I even made her 4 year-old daughter a paper crane so she would have something to keep her busy. At the end of Sacrament meeting her little daughter asked her, "Mommy!! Can we come back next week please!?!" and the mom, the lady who is writing the paper, told me, "You know, that was really nice. I actually really enjoyed that,"  which is a miracle, clearly, because if you read my email a few weeks ago about last Fast and Testimony meeting, then you would know how incredible it was that every testimony given was so full of the Spirit and doctrinally sound. It was a superb Sunday.
 
         I have so much to write about, but no more time--so until next time, y'all have a blessed week!
 
-- Elder White

No comments: