Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Just a quick note, Darwin's surgery went well. He was sent home with an at home IV that I am in charge of and I can honestly say I could never be a nurse. While Darwin was in surgery I was in the ER with Denver having another reaction to mosquitos. As you can tell he is allergic, Poor Kid. After that, when we where waiting for Darwin to get released, Porter decided to try coffee for the first time. A lady left half her cup of coffee on the table and as I was learning to do the IV he decided to try it and poor it ALL over himself. Luckily it wasn't super hot. Then I got yelled at by the front desk lady because Denver and Porter were coloring too loudily for the people that are in surgery. I was so stinking mad! Oh well. What can I say other than I guess this is my life.

4 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Hey, you could write a family soap opera with all the things that happen in your family. But isn't it great to know that you have family members all over the country praying for you, just like they do for the missionaries, that you will have strength to deal with whatever life dishes out! Keep hanging in there, 'cause we love you.

Karen said...

Feed them more casseroles...I'm sure that's what makes people strong, immune,allergy free....having to eat mixed up foods. (Darwin would like it, huh?) Hang in there. The weekend of having lots of Aunts, Uncles and cousins to hold your kids is coming...soon! We love you. Coloring too loud??

April Bishop said...

How exactly do you color too loudly? Obviously she was someone with no children. You can spot those folks a mile away! Good luck. We are praying for you.

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

You poor thing! I've decided that motherhood is the most glamorous thing ever. Ha! Nobody but other moms understand everything that you go through, how exhausted you must feel, and why you do it. Some people just need to learn to be a little bit more sympathetic and understanding.